HISTORIC REFLECTION … The Bridgewater Center Methodist Episcopal Church was dedicated. According to the 1882 Goodspeed History of Williams County, the Bridgewater Center Methodist Episcopal congregation “was organized many years ago and until their church was built met in schoolhouses. The class now numbers about 25, and are out of debt and in good financial condition. They received much help from other denominations and outsiders in the construction of their frame church, with the understanding that the house was to be used by other orthodox denominations when not used by the Methodists.” In 1929, Bridgewater Township purchased the former house of worship and converted it into a community center. This circa 1994 photograph of the former Bridgewater Center Methodist Episcopal Church is from the Kevin Maynard collection.
The post Historic Reflection: Bridewater Center Methodist Episcopal Church first appeared on The Village Reporter.
Source: The Village Reporter