Press "Enter" to skip to content

Historic Reflection: Paul’s Harness Shop Fire

HISTORIC REFLECTION … Fire destroyed Paul’s Harness Shop on North Defiance Street in Stryker. In the mid-1950s, Paul Nafziger began repairing and making harness as a teen on his parents’ rural Stryker farm. In 1958, he moved his business to the east side of Stryker’s North Defiance Street. Over time, Nafziger added riding accessories, leather goods, and Western and jockey apparel to his merchandise. In 1966, Paul’s Harness Shop relocated across the street to 105-107 North Defiance Street. The business and building were destroyed by fire on March 12, 1973. Following the destructive fire, Paul’s Harness Shop relocated to Archbold. This vintage image of Paul Nafziger in his Stryker harness shop is from the late Rosella Buehrer collection.


 

The post Historic Reflection: Paul’s Harness Shop Fire first appeared on The Village Reporter.


Source: The Village Reporter

Be First to Comment

    Leave a Reply