Position Title: Interim Fiscal Officer
Date Issued: May 13, 2022
Filing Deadline: June 30, 2022
Salary Range: $48,000-$72,000 (commensurate with education and experience)
Maumee Valley Planning Organization, (a multi-county regional planning organization) located in Defiance is seeking applicants for the position of Interim Fiscal Officer. This position is responsible for ensuring that the organization is fully compliant with the statues of the State of Ohio, the policies of the Auditor of State and sound financial practices, records, carries out policies and all other laws and regulations pertaining to public funds and decision of the Executive Director and MVPO Executive Council. This position is also responsible for implementing a comprehensive system of fiscal and budgetary controls and reporting functions appropriate to an organization of this size and complexity. In addition to financial oversight and budgeting responsibilities, this position oversees human resources, and the organizations benefit plans. The Interim Fiscal Officer will assist the Organization in compliance with fiscal activities, including assisting with budgetary and grants management systems. The Interim Fiscal Officer is supervised by the Executive Director and works closely with other staff, the Executive Council and the communities served by MVPO.
At a minimum, an Associate degree (A.A.) or equivalent from a two-year college or technical school; and two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Must have excellent communication skills and be able to work in a team environment. Must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Grants Management and Fiscal software programs. Must have a valid driver’s license.
Duties, Functions, and Responsibilities
- Maintains fiscal records and financial statements for the Regional Transportation Planning Organization (RTPO), Planning Commission and associated Community Development grants (e.g., Community Development Block Grants, Community Housing Impact and Preservation (CHIP) grants, and other grants received by the Planning and Development Department) in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and fund accounting practices; assists with preparation of annual budgets for RTPO, Planning and Community Development divisions of the Planning and Development Department; consistently monitors budget to sustain federal, state, and local guidelines; assists with maintaining budgetary projections and administrative projections, and adjusts annual budgets as necessary; helps prepare budgetary transfer requests and invoices for reimbursement from federal/state agencies; performs budgetary-related duties such as wage surveys and analyses.
- Assists with the preparation of annual, office-wide cost allocation plan and indirect cost determination in accordance with 2 CFR 200.
- Helps maintain records of each client’s billings respective to work in progress; disburses funds to clients as work is completed.
- Administers the Economic Development Revolving Loan Fund (RLF) Program by coordinating with local public officials, financial partners and potential businesses on projects related to the RLF programs; prepares professional documents related to the RLF projects; manages all phases of project management; ensures project objectives and deadlines are being met; and offers assistance and guidance where necessary.
- Manages financial function of the RLF programs in accordance with state and federal Program Income regulations and local governments policies and procedures (including maintaining records of each client’s loan proceeds; issuance of monthly statements and recording client payments, interest and late fees; maintaining loan balances and related information; applying loan delinquency procedures to include issuance of delinquency letters, correspondence with legal counsel, and related follow-up).
- Assists with the reconciliation of each set of accounting records (e.g., RTPO, MVPO General Fund, Special Loan Funds, Community Development, Ohio Public Works Commission) with the County Auditor no less than monthly; follows accounting procedures established by federal and state funding sources; ensures accounting methods comply with A-133 and GASB 34 guidelines; maintains various reconciliation spreadsheets/reports for summaries of grant expenditures; prepares working papers and schedules in conjunction with annual state audit; serves as liaison to State Auditor’s office and/or public accounting firm; ensures follow-up and corrective actions are defined and implemented after audit.
- Assists Directors and Managers in budgetary grant application information for various grant applications; prepares purchase orders and vouchers ensuring that appropriate funds are utilized; distributes and tracks payments to vendors, contractors, etc.; implements cash management system to project cash needs; prepares drawdown requests according to federal/state guidelines.
- Assists in recording all Organization receipts and makes daily deposits with the Fulton County Auditor; reconciles pay-ins (receipts) not less than monthly with the Fulton County Auditor; distributes and posts interest payments; no less than monthly, maintains, reimburses, deposits, and reconciles the Community Development Funds; maintains daily deposits and withdrawals and reconciles, no less than monthly, bank escrow account for CHIP program; develops and prepares biweekly and monthly administrative billings and account reimbursements for Community Development fund; assigns appropriate costs and prepares semi-annual billing for Ohio Public Works Commission.
- Implements, updates, and maintains internal accounting system and various spreadsheets, charts and tables for cost analyses.
To apply, submit a resume and three professional references, along with a cover letter.
Maumee Valley Planning Organization
1300 East Second Street, Suite 200 Defiance, OH 43512
Or e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
No phone calls.
Application deadline is June 30, 2022.
MVPO is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In compliance with United States Equal Employment Opportunity guidelines and the Americans with Disabilities Act, MVPO provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities and encourages both prospective and current employees to discuss potential accommodations with the employer. MVPO is a Drug Free & Tobacco Free Workplace.
Source: Williams County Jobs